Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Kirstie Alley Gets Emotional During 'DWTS' Rehearsals

Kirstie Alley Gets Emotional During 'DWTS' Rehearsals

The pressure of Dancing with the Stars is getting to Kirstie Alley. Before she and partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy took to the dance floor to perform their jive on Monday night's show, a behind-the-scenes reel showed an emotional Alley breaking down after a long day of rehearsals.

"I need a break!" the 60-year-old actress yelled at her pro partner. "You scream and jump around and I'm frustrated."

According to Chmerkovskiy, 31, he pushed Alley to her limits because he feels that she's got the talent to win that mirror ball trophy. 

"I don't care about her physical shape because I know she can do it," he explained.

"Maks puts a lot of pressure and expectations on me. I think that's why I like him, so I have to take it up a notch," Alley added. "I have hugely high standards for myself and so does Maks, so when I think we've pushed ourselves as hard as we can push, we push harder."

The duo eventually got it together and performed their jive for the judges, who came back with mixed reviews.

"It was fun, it was high-energy, it was playful. You're an actress so you come out and you act every dance beautifully," Len Goodman told the pair. "But as a jive, it was most uneventful as far as I was concerned. I can find very little to commend it."

Carrie Ann Inaba was also underwhelmed by the performance. "I just love you so much because you bring nothing but complete entertainment, but it wasn't quite enough of the jive," she said. "When you went side by side you went completely out of sync."

"But you are looking amazing!" Inaba told Alley, who recently revealed she's almost down to a size 6. "There is such a transformation happening with you, Kirstie."

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/kirstie-alley-gets-emotional-during-dwts-rehearsals/1-a-345748

Diora Baird Dita Von Teese Dominique Swain Donna Feldman

No comments:

Post a Comment