Friday, June 10, 2011

Tracy Morgan Issues Apology

He?s definitely got a knack for humor, but Tracy Morgan took things too far during his stand-up gig in Nashville on June 3rd.

And the ?30 Rock? actor has issued an apology for his homophobic statements, asking the gay community to forgive him.

Tracy shared, "I want to apologize to my fans and the gay and lesbian community for my choice of words at my recent stand-up act in Nashville. I'm not a hateful person and don't condone any kind of violence against others."

"While I am an equal opportunity jokester, and my friends know what is in my heart, even in a comedy club this clearly went too far and was not funny in any context."

A spokesperson for The Ryman Auditorium (the venue) also apologized. "The Ryman Auditorium regrets that people were offended by statements made by Tracy Morgan during his June 3 appearance. The Ryman does not control the content presented by people appearing on its stage, nor does it endorse any of the views of, or statements made by, such persons."

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/tracy-morgan/tracy-morgan-issues-apology-513227

Catherine Bell Chandra West Charisma Carpenter Charli Baltimore Charlies Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment