Thursday, July 5, 2012

Jessica Gomes Covers Ocean Drive July/August 2012

Bringing her undeniable beauty to the forefront, Jessica Gomes took the plunge for the cover of the July/August 2012 issue of Ocean Drive magazine.

The 27-year-old Australian model looked enchanting in a blue coral caftan by Roberto Cavalli for the Erik Almas shot front page while dishing about moving from Perth to Los Angeles and her desire to someday have her own brand.

Highlights from Miss Gomes' interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Ocean Drive!

On sensing her moment has arrived:
?In Australia in the last couple of years, I got a lot of Asian girls who came up to me and said, ?I?m half-this, half-that; I just feel like I can relate to you.? So I definitely feel like I?m a pathfinder for these other mixed-blend girls.?

On her negative experiences growing up in Perth:
?Perth is the most isolated city in the world, far and away. Not that many people get to leave it. It was very hick, and kids would tease me about being Asian and say horrible things. It made me very shy and insecure. I saw my mother experience that too. I just wanted to fit in and be blonde-haired and blue-eyed so I could get through a day without being called names.?

On moving to America:
?I felt so much a part of it. I was meeting so many more people who were like me. I just feel more accepted in places like New York, Miami, and LA. Whereas in Australia, I was the only one.?

On her future aspirations:
?I would love to have my own brand. I love to design, create a product, whatever it is. I?m really interested in Korean cosmetics and beauty stuff, and I love having the opportunity to design for Mambo [her line is Mambo Goddess by Jessica Gomes, for the Australian surfwear company Mambo]. I?m really interested in property and property development, real estate. My dad did construction, so I?ve definitely been surrounded by that way of thinking.?

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/jessica-gomes/jessica-gomes-covers-ocean-drive-julyaugust-2012-687948

Amerie

No comments:

Post a Comment