Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ryan Reynolds Hit By a Drunk Driver as a Teen

Ryan Reynolds Hit By a Drunk Driver as a Teen

Ryan Reynolds may have the body of a superhero now, but 15 years ago the actor was laid up in a hospital bed after getting hit by a drunk driver in his hometown of Vancouver.

"When I was 19 I was drinking," the Green Lantern star told CTV News. "I was at a bar and I had a few drinks and I thought, 'You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to leave my car here, be responsible.' I started to walk home and I was hit by a drunk driver."

The accident left Reynolds in really bad shape, and he was even in a coma for a few days after. Luckily he had his family to stick by him.

 

"Broke every bone in my left side... I woke up three days later," he remembered. "And I remember my dad sitting there... (with) a vomit tray. And I guess I had been heaving in my unconscious. And nothing says love like painting someone with three-day-old Gin Rummies. Just soaked the man head to toe in my vomit."

Fortunately Reynolds is fully recovered today, and he even manages to have a sense of humor about that fateful night.

The extremely fit actor joked: "Since then, I've been a rickety, broken mess."

 

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/ryan-reynolds-hit-drunk-driver-teen/1-a-370138

Brooke Burke Brooke Burns Busy Philipps Cameron Diaz Cameron Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment